School Liquidation Auction - Hilton Head Island, SC
December 9-13, 2020
** NOTE NEW LATE ADDITIONS: FOOTBALL GOALPOSTS #894, BLEACHER STEPS #895, PARKING TIES #896
Auction includes furniture, fixtures and equipment of Hilton Head Christian Academy, leftover as they move into a new facility. Items include lockers, desks, athletics weight room equipment, office furniture, lunchroom tables, basketball goals, fencing, electronics, flagpoles, Hoshizaki ice maker and much more. Bidding ends at 7 PM on Sunday, December 13th. **SHORT AUCTION, SHORT PICKUP WINDOW, PLEASE PLAN AHEAD!**
**If item receives a bid within the last minute of the auction, that item will extend for 2 minutes until bidding ceases.
INSPECTION: Representatives will be on site Saturday, December 12 from 9AM to Noon for inspection. This will be the only inspection opportunity for this auction. All items are located at Hilton Head Christian Academy, 55 Gardner Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926. South Auction strongly recommends in person inspection. Items are described to the best of our abilities, but with no guarantee of accuracy. Please be sure to click through on individual items for longer descriptions, additional information and additional pictures.
PICKUP: Pickup will be by appointment on December 14-16 ONLY. Winning bidders will be notified via email about how to schedule a pickup appointment. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD! Winning bidders are responsible for all disassembly and removal of items.
For additional information, please contact Alex Grovenstein at 912-657-1831 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE THAT A 15% BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THE WINNING BID
THIS AUCTION IS BEING CONDUCTED BY SOUTH AUCTION & REALTY (SAR).
PLEASE VISIT WWW.SOUTHAUCTION.COM FOR COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
TERMS OF SALE
Set forth below are the Terms and Conditions that shall apply to any purchase by any party either directly from (SAR) or in a transaction in which SAR serves as broker, agent, liquidator or auctioneer for any third party owner. The Terms apply to all Transactions, including without limitation, public auctions conducted by SAR and direct purchases by Buyer of any item either before, after or independent of any public auction. By using or accessing any and all SAR services and or Websites you agree you have read and understand the Terms stated herein and are bound to these Terms. You may not use or access any and all SAR services if you do not agree to the terms stated herein.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All merchandise and other items (the "Goods") are sold on an "AS IS/WHERE IS" basis without warranties or representations whatsoever either expressed or implied. Neither SAR nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to the property or its value, and in no event shall they be responsible for correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, authorship, completeness, condition of the property or estimate of its value. No statement (oral or written) in the catalog, at the auction, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation, or any assumption of responsibility. Prospective bidders are urged to contact SAR directly for detailed information regarding any lot.
Buyers must register prior to bidding at any auction sale and must be of legal capacity to enter into this agreement. All bidders must provide their name, company (if applicable), mailing address and phone number prior to the auction. By registering you represent and warrant any and all Buyer Information is accurate and complete. It is solely the Buyer’s responsibility to maintain current Buyer Information for completeness and accuracy. SAR reserves the right to deny and or terminate Registrations at any time at its sole discretion without notification. SAR reserves the right to deny usage and access of SAR Services and Websites at any time without notice or liability to any persons or third parties. SAR reserves the right to suspend ones bidding privileges for any reason or no reason. SAR can elect to do so before, during or after an auction with no notice to the bidder. During the registration process, all bidders will be asked to provide credit card information. ***All REGISTERED BIDDER’S cards will be charged $1 (one dollar) in order to authorize their credit card upon registering for the auction.*** THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES SAR TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
3. Payments. (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY): After the auction, invoices will be settled to the credit card on file. You will receive an email with your paid invoice. This is for your information. The invoice will show in detail the high bid amount, the buyers premium and sales taxes. If your invoice shows that there is a balance due, SAR must receive the balance of the total purchase price no later than Noon on Monday, December 14th, 2020. (the "Final Payment Date"). Payments will be accepted by Visa, MasterCard, Discover only. SAR will impose a $20 handling fee for any adjustment of a purchase price for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to using tax exempt status without prior notification, or a change of payment method or payment source resulting in reversing charges to a credit card. IF SAR HAS NOT RECEIVED PAYMENT FOR WINNING BIDS WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER THE FINAL PAYMENT DATE, THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES SAR TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
4. Taxes. SAR will add appropriate jurisdictional sales tax on all merchandise, other than automobiles, unless we are in possession of your tax exempt form prior to the end of the auction. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
5. Buyer's Premium. SAR, in its sole discretion, will impose a 15% buyer's premium ("Buyer's Premium") on all Goods sold. The Buyer's Premium is a percentage that is added to the final purchase price of any item.
6. INSPECTION: SAR representatives will be on site December 12th from 9 AM to Noon at Hilton Head Christian Academy. This will be the only inspection opportunity. SAR recommends a very thorough inspection before you bid online. If you would like further information on any items, please contact Alex Grovenstein at 912-657-1831 or email@example.com
7. Removal. (1) . Pickup will be by appointment on December 14-16. Winning bidders will be notified via email about how to sent a pickup appointment. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD! Winning bidders are responsible for all disassembly and removal of items. (2) No Goods shall be removed until the purchaser’s invoice has been paid in full. Any Goods remaining after removal date shall be subject to any or all remedies listed below.
Storage charges of $100 per day for a maximum of 5 days.
SAR will declare items as abandoned and dispose of said items as SAR sees fit. Purchaser will be responsible for any and all expenses related to disposing of abandoned items.
SAR can claim ownership of said items and resell them with all proceeds going to SAR.
IF BUYER HAS NOT REMOVED ITEMS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE FINAL REMOVAL DATE, THE BIDDER AUTHORIZES SAR TO CHARGE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES TO THE CREDIT CARD LEFT ON FILE DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
7A. Buyer shall be responsible for the safe and proper removal of any Goods purchased. SAR does not pack, ship, store, crate or rig items. Buyers may either pick up Goods at the designated auction site personally or can contract with a third party agent to manage the removal process for them. Before Goods can be removed by an Agent, Agent must provide SAR with (1) proof of payment and (2) an "Agent Release Authorization" form which allows SAR to release items to a third party contractor for shipping, crating, rigging or packing purposes.
7B. Small Lot Removal. SAR shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any missing or lost items that can be removed by hand. There will be NO removal of any lots until the designated removal date.
8. After Buyer has removed any item from SAR possession, SAR shall have no obligation to make any adjustment or accommodation to Buyer because of any mistake in quantity or other defect or problem with respect to such item. Buyer must make all requests for adjustments in writing to SAR before any item is removed from the premises where the auction is conducted.
9. SAR shall not be responsible for damages or losses caused by strikes, civil disorders, or acts of God.
10. SAR, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse the bid of any person without providing any notice or reason therefore. SAR reserves the right to deny the usage and access by any person or third party of any and all SAR Services and Websites without notification.
11. SAR, in its sole discretion, shall control all bidding increments and advances at any auction. SAR reserves the right to reject any bid that is only a minimal increase over the preceding bid, that is not commensurate with the value of the item being offered or that SAR believes was made illegally or in bad faith. In the event of a dispute among bidders, SAR may, in its sole discretion, either accept what it deems to be the final bid or solicit further bids on the item in dispute. No returns or refunds will be permitted, unless authorized by the seller in writing.
12. All information provided by SAR to Buyers, including without limitation, any advertising, lot sales catalogs or otherwise, is subject to deletions, errors, additions, and changes without notice. Although information is gathered from sources thought to be reliable, SAR shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any information provided to any attendee or buyers. All buyers shall rely solely on their own investigation and inspection of any Goods.
13. If SAR is selling or auctioning any Goods on behalf of a third party owner, SAR shall act as an agent only and shall have no liability whatsoever for the acts of any owner/principal.
14. Buyers acknowledge that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place, Flammable, noxious, corrosive and pressurized substances may be present. Heavy equipment may be operated and electrical circuits may be live. Every person enters the auction site at his or her own risk with notice of the condition of the premises and the activities that will be or have been conducted on the premises. No person shall have any claim against SAR, the seller or their respective agents for any injuries sustained or for damages to or loss of property that may occur at the auction site.
15. If the Buyer fails to comply with any of the Terms, SAR shall have all rights and remedies available to it at law and in equity. SAR may retain all deposits and partial payments received from Buyer and may resell any Goods that Buyer fails to purchase. Buyer shall be responsible for all costs, losses, and damages suffered by SAR (i) as a result of Buyer's breach of any of the Terms, including without limitation, lost profits and consequential damages, and (ii) incurred in connection with the enforcement of SAR rights, including, without limitation, legal fees and costs and expenses related to the resale of Goods, including storage and rigging fees.
16. Buyers agree they will defend, indemnify and hold harmless SAR, including its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, co-branders, or partners, from and against any and all claim, loss, damage, liabilities, judgments, fees and expenses incurred by SAR, including its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, co-branders, or partners, through the use of SAR Services and Websites.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 29926